Domson is a recognized industry leader when it comes to the 10-year aerial work platform structural NDT in accordance with standard CSA B354. Common aerial work platforms we NDT include: manlifts, scissorlifts, and personnel lifts.
The CSA B354 series calls for welds and critical components to be inspected by visual or nondestructive testing by personnel either certified to CSA W178.2 (visual inspection) or CGSB 48.9712 (nondestructive testing) under the direction of a professional engineer. Our service program places emphasis on nondestructive testing over visual inspection. We use methods such as magnetic particle inspection, liquid penetrant, and ultrasonic testing to find flaws not easily visible by the naked eye.
The CSA 354 series is a minimum requirement which calls for every aerial lift to be structurally inspected every 10 years after the machine leaves the factory, and every 5 years thereafter. This requirement also applies where the machine was involved in an incident or where the machine has been sold without the maintenance documentation.
We have a comprehensive library of technical notes from most of the major aerial device manufacturers, and have detailed checklists for the following types of equipment:
- Personnel lifts
We set ourselves apart from the competition, because:
- We have on-staff engineering capability and properly trained and certified inspection personnel
- We perform hundreds of aerial lift structural inspections every year
- We can provide engineered repair procedures if serious defects are found and procedures cannot be obtained from the manufacturer
- We can track your fleet’s inspection needs and inform you when your equipment is next due
- If your lift gets in an accident, we can act as an expert witness.