For almost 20 years now, Domson has been providing bridge NDT services to structural steel bridges, relating to initial fabrication and erection (visual QA inspector) as well as in-service fatigue inspections. Our inspections are carried out by technicians certified to CGSB standard 48-9712 as well as CSA W178.2. All inspections are directed by a professional engineer experienced in bridge inspection and certified as a CSA W178.2 level 3 inspector.
Not only can you rely on our field personnel for your inspection needs, but our in-house engineers also develop inspection test plans and create professional bridge inspection reports complete with CAD drawings of bridge details.
- Bridge/box girders
- Abutment welds
- Trusses and columns
- Bolts and rivets
- Stiffener plates
- Bearing plates
If you need inspection done on complicated bridge structures (i.e. truss structures) that can’t easily be reached by a bridge master, then our rope access inspection team may be able to assist.
Here is a small sample of bridge projects we have worked on:
- Project: Structural in-service fatigue inspection of 20 bridges in Hwy 401/400 region. Consultant: AMEC Foster Wheeler. Scope: Visual, Liquid Penetrant, Magnetic Particle & Ultrasonic Inspection
- Project: Inspection of Welds for the Grand River Bridge Rehabilitation Project at Hwy 403 in Brantford as per MTO Contract 2013-3021. Owner: Ministry of Transportation. Scope: Visual Inspection
- Project: Structural Inspection of Lost Lake Bridge; HWY 560, E of Elk Lake. Consultant: AECOM. Scope: Visual, Magnetic Particle & Ultrasonic Inspection
- Project: Structural Inspection of Blanche River Bridge; HWY 112. N of HWY 11. Consultant: AECOM. Scope: Visual, Magnetic Particle & Ultrasonic Inspection.
- Project: Inspection of Murdock River Bridge (NBL & SBL) Fabrication and Erection MTO Contract 2012-5101. Consultant: AECOM. Scope: Visual and Magnetic Particle Inspection of Bridge Fabrication
- Project: Structural inspection of Marten River Bridge. Consultant: AECOM. Scope: Visual, Magnetic Particle & Ultrasonic Inspection.
- Project: Structural inspection of HWY 401 over Trent River Bridge at Site 11-185. Consultant: Morrison Hershfield. Scope: Visual, Magnetic Particle & Ultrasonic Inspection.
- Project: Weld Inspection of Magnetewan River Bridge at Hwy 520 Overpass in Burks Falls. Contractor: Teranorth Construction. Scope: Visual & MPI Inspection.
- Project: Visual Inspection of Rehabilitation Repairs on Various Bridges. Contractor: Clearwater Structures. Scope: Visual & MPI Inspection, Engineering Certificate of Conformance.
- Project: Structural Inspection and QA Services for Rehabilitation of the Agawa River Bridge. Consultant: Aecom. Scope: Visual, Magnetic Particle and Ultrasonic Thickness Inspection.