In accordance with standard CSA Z248, Domson performs the following types of inspections on tower cranes: pre-erection, post-erection, and annual.
Pre-erection inspections include operational checks, visual examination, magnetic particle examination of welds and other critical areas, and ultrasonic examination of pins and bolts. Post-erection and annual inspection includes a visual examination of critical connections and components.
We beat the competition because:
- Our lead tower crane inspector is a manufacturer trained tower crane technician with over 10 years experience inspecting tower cranes
- Our inspectors use methods of nondestructive testing during pre-erection examination as approved by the Canadian General Standards Board (as required by the Ministry of Labour)
- Our engineers are on-staff and have actual hands-on experience inspecting lift equipment
- We keep informed of the latest standards, regulations, and technology affecting the tower crane industry through participation on standards committees and user associations. What’s more, we keep you informed
- We can provide engineered repair procedures if serious defects are found and procedures cannot be obtained from the manufacturer
Foundation Drawing & Design
Our qualified staff of engineers can also design your tower crane foundation in accordance with the crane manufacturer’s specifications.
Our engineers provide:
- High-quality service that meets all applicable codes and standards
- Prompt delivery
- Efficient design