Senior or Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
|Dec 19, 2018|
The minimum qualifications to be eligible for this position include:
- Have a valid P.Eng. designation in Ontario or another Canadian province
- Be highly proficient with Autocad and Solidworks drawing packages
- Capable of performing finite element analysis on assemblies and producing calculation reports using Solidworks Simulation analysis package
- Minimum 5 years design experience focussing on statics, mechanics of materials, welded and bolted design, including ability to perform hand calculations.
Have EXCELLENT oral and written English communication skills
Domson supports a variety of clients ranging from the lift industry, construction industry and a variety of industrial industries. You will handle multiple projects concurrently and to be successful in this position you must be:
- An organized individual with experience prioritizing, meeting commitments, and tracking billings for a number of jobs at one time
- A confident problem solver able to make timely decisions independently
- A motivated, results oriented professional with a strong willingness to learn, independently if necessary.
- Able to direct and review the work of designers or other engineers, ultimately taking responsibility for their work
- Able to write technical reports, develop procedures, etc.
Technical competencies considered to be assets in this position include:
- Experience designing lift equipment or performing critical lift planning involving mobile cranes.
- Experience designing mechanical equipment for the heavy crane, mining and manufacturing industry
- Strong understanding of OHSA regulations and pertinent CSA standards
- Ability to analyze and design electro-mechanical systems including elements of hydraulic or pneumatic design, control systems etc.
How To Apply
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org