As a CWB certified inspection organization under standard CSA W178.1, we can provide skilled visual inspectors certified to CSA W178.2 Level 1, 2, and 3 who are qualified to meet your needs.
Whether your project is a quick weld verification, or an in-depth verification of structural steel during fabrication or erection, we can help.
- Visually inspect product weld quality and overall workmanship
- Review drawings and specifications
- Develop or review welding procedures and verify adequate equipment
- Witness welder qualification testing
- Ensure qualified fabrication personnel are used and that fabrication procedures are followed correctly
- Verify material test reports and proper flow of materials
- Confirm that “as built” dimensions match drawings and document variances
- Examine bolting installation and perform torque testing
- Determine extent of nondestructive testing required
- Perform/oversee nondestructive testing and verify results
- Perform/oversee coating inspections and verify results
- Observe product shipping and receiving operations
- Conduct inspections both in the fabricator’s shop and at erection site
- Audit fabricator’s quality control department
The final inspection and test plan, as well as all test results, are reviewed by a professional engineer certified to CWB W178.2 Level 3 for Visual Inspection.
- ASME B&PV
- ASME B31
- API 650
- API 653
- AWS D1.1
- CSA S16
- CSA W59